With the emergence of vape, as a successful smoking cessation tool, the arrival of new e-liquid flavours has been on the rise too. E-liquids come in a wide variety, based on varying nicotine content, PG/VG levels, and flavors. All e-liquids are composed of the same ground ingredients namely propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, nicotine, and artificial or organic flavours and sweeteners. But with the broad range of choices that a new user faces when buying e-liquids, it’s very easy to fall into confusion and indecision. Hence we bring you a list of the most popular e-liquid flavour categories that would help you find the most flavourful power e-liquid that works best for you
Top E-Liquid Flavour Categories
The e-liquid flavour groups that are most popular in the vaping community, based on prevalence and usage, include:
- Fruity flavours
- Dessert flavours
- Tobacco flavours
- Beverage flavours
- Cool/icy flavours
Fruity flavours are among the top picks of most vapers. Fruity flavours appeal to a wide range of audiences because they are simpler blends and strike the right balance between sweet and sour. They also help people dissociate the taste of tobacco and widen their taste for newer more enjoyable flavours. The fruity flavour range is further categorized into 3 main groups:
– Berry Flavours – berry flavours include strawberry, raspberry, blackcurrant, grape, blueberry, etc. These flavours are appealing because they achieve wide success in delivering the taste of their namesake fruit
– Tropical Fruit Flavours – banana, kiwi, watermelon, mango, lychee, etc. Tropical flavours are highly enjoyable and serve well as all-day vaping flavours
– Mixed Fruit Flavours – melon berries, blueberry pomegranate, strawberry banana, passionfruit guava, etc. These blends might sound complex but they combine flavours that complement each other with a mix of lighter and stronger notes of different fruits.
Dessert flavours are mellower and sweeter than fruity flavours are they are perfect for those who have a sweet tooth. If the citrus taste and mild tanginess of fruity flavours don’t work for you, you might want to try dessert flavours to satisfy your sweet cravings. The best thing about dessert flavours is, by using them in your vape device, you can enjoy the taste of your favourite desserts without gaining any calories! Dessert flavours can be categorized into 3 main groups:
– Dessert Flavours – cake, cookie, custard, pie, tart, donut, ice cream, jam, bread, cinnamon roll, etc. These blends are complex and might take time to grow upon you if you don’t have a preference for sweets/confectionery. But with the right brand, you’d find your sweet spot with dessert flavours
– Candy Flavours – bubblegum, jelly, chocolate, lollipop, marshmallow, candy cane, sour patch, etc. These flavours may range from sweet to sour but mostly lean towards the sweet side. They are extremely liked by people because they enable them to enjoy the taste of their favorite candies without compromising on their oral hygiene.
– Other Flavours – there are also dessert base flavours that don’t fit the category of either candy or pure dessert flavours. They are usually mellower and contain fewer sweeteners for example honey, cream, vanilla, caramel, etc.
Tobacco flavours can alter a lot from each other because some blends taste and smell like rolled tobacco while others have undercurrents of vanilla or caramel in them as sweeteners. Some tobacco flavors are darker are have a stream of coffee flavor floating through them. Tobacco flavours come in different varieties including classic tobacco, Virginia tobacco, cigar, etc. These flavours are usually preferred by those who have acquired a taste for tobacco or by people who don’t like to vape sweet flavours. Most tobacco flavours smell earthy like an organic woody plant or good pipe tobacco, mixed with some other element for complexity.
Beverage flavours are widely enjoyed by vapers of all ages! They are extremely diverse in taste and come in many sub-categories. Some flavors can feel overpowering while others are faint and light. Beverage flavours are mostly created after popular drinks that people like to indulge in. The 4 major groups in beverage flavours include:
Coffee – latte, espresso, mocha, cappuccino, decaf, etc. – these flavours are generally great to pair up with your morning coffee and serve as great all-day vapes. Coffee flavours don’t have many sweeteners and tastes, more or less like their real-life counterparts.
Juice – lemonade, slush, apple juice, cranberry juice, sherbet – juice flavoured e-liquids generally contain more sugar than coffee flavoured ones, but they work well for people who like sweetened e-liquids.
Milk – milkshakes, smoothies, yogurt, flavored milk, etc. – unlike their real-life counterparts, milk flavored e-liquids are extremely light and don’t induce the overwhelming feeling that comes after consuming dairy. They can easily be enjoyed by lactose-intolerant people, who feel like they’re missing out on the taste of flavorful dairy products
Soft drinks – cola, soda, energy drinks, etc. – soft drinks flavored e-liquids are also preferred by many people who want to cut back on their calorie intake without losing the taste of their favorite drink.
Cool/icy flavours include mint, menthol, and clear e-liquids. These e-liquids give off a cooling sensation upon exhale and they contain much less amount of sweeteners. These flavours are usually preferred by those who find other dessert or fruity flavours overwhelming. Cool flavoured e-liquids like menthol also give a stronger throat hit and add some depth of character to the flavour. Menthol is also a local anesthetic and is a counter-irritant, which reduces minor throat irritation. Hence, it is usually recommended for beginners as it lets you inhale without coughing, especially at first until you get accustomed to it.